HEIGHTEC PULSAR HANDLED ASCENDER L/H
INVENTORY CODE: 710THGD40L
BRAND: THE HEIGHTEC GROUP
Heightec Pulsar Handled Ascender - D40L
For rope access climbing.
- Left handed, handled ascender rope access device.
- When tested on new Tectra 11 mm low stretch rope, these handled ascenders were found to be 25% stronger than their most popular sharp toothed competitor, with average breaking loads up to 675 kg for X-cams versus 535 kg for the established design.
- However, the greatest increase in performance is exhibited if the ascender continues to be loaded after the sheath of the rope has ruptured.
- In this situation, X-Cams will hold up to 200 kg on the broken sheath and rope cores. Established toothed designs supported only around 30 kg in heightec tests – nowhere near enough to support a person.
- heightec X-Cam ascenders therefore significantly reduce the possibility of complete system failure by exerting a considerable hold on a rope after the sheath has broken.
- X-Cam has a more advanced tooth design than traditional cams and is more suitable for industrial applications as it does not pluck the rope, so reducing rate of rope wear.
- It maintains a high degree of grip – even on old or dirty rope.
- The handle design is ergonomically positioned and profiled for optimal pulling and greater comfort to the user.
- Contains high strength alloy with stainless steel friction surfaces.
- Two attachment points allow cowstail and footloop to be connected separately which eliminates the need to open a loaded karabiner.
X-Cam design gives increased performance over traditional sharp tooth design
- Cam exerts considerable grip on rope after sheath has broken.
- Cam doesn’t pluck rope.
- Easy to remove from rope if accidentally jammed into knot.
Ergonomic shape with profile grip
- Giving optimum pulling position.
- Improved comfort.
Two attachment points
- Keeps cowstail and footloop separate.
- Eliminates need to open a loaded karabiner.
- X-Cam advanced tooth design.
- X-Cam superior geometry.
- Ergonomic handle position and profile.
- Two attachment points.
- High strength & durable construction.
- Highly effective on angled ropes.
- Individual serial number.
- For use with 8 - 13 mm diameter rope.
|Sizing||Rope diameter 8mm -13mm.|
|Material||Alloy body, Steel cam|
|EN Mass Test||125 kg|
|Conformity||EN 12841 type B:2006, EN567:1997|