Respirex Prps Powered Respirator Protective Suit - Operational, Size M C/W Glove Size 9 & Brown Superpoly Boots Size 8
Respirex Prps Powered Respirator Protective Suit
The Respirex Powered Respirator Protective Suit (PRPS) is a one piece gas tight chemical protective suit for use by emergency response personnel after a CBRN incident.
- Manufactured from DuPont™ Tychem® TK, a high performance, lightweight, multi-layer chemical barrier material.
- Respiratory system comprising a battery powered 3M Jupiter air filter unit fitted with a visual display unit mounted inside the suit at the base of the visor, and audible alarm.
- Battery pack provides 1 hour operational use, plus 15 minutes for decontamination.
- Twin JRF-85 gas & particle filters to provide protection against chemical and biological warfare agents.
- Semi-rigid laminated visor.
- Heavy duty gas tight zip fitted across the chest enclosed by double external storm flaps with hook and loop fastener.
- Dual glove system comprising Neoprene outer gloves bonded to inner Silver Shield laminate gloves.
- Gas tight locking cuff mechanism.
- Highly chemically resistant Hazmax™ safety boots permanently attached to suit.
- Supplied with lightweight disposable Hazbag to quarantine the suit after use.
- Available in a range of sizes.
- Powered respirator and loose-fitting hood provide cooling air over the head and through the suit, making the wearer more comfortable and better able to focus on tasks.
- The loose-fitting hood design provides high protection without the need for a tight-fitting face piece, which means:
- Many wearers feel less constricted.
- Can be used by wearers with facial hair.
- Training needs are reduced.
- Face-fit testing is not required.
- The clear wide-view visor provides reassurance to casualties and victims by allowing easier, friendly ‘whole-face’ communication.
- The total weight of the PRPS suit with respirator is much less than a gas- tight suit with SCBA, less body contact (belt-mount versus shoulder-harness / tight-fitting face piece), and easier breathing results in a lower physiological load.
- Improved operational duration over gas-tight SCBA suits.
- Up to six times the resource efficiency compared with gas-tight SCBA suits thanks to the lower physiological loading and increased duration.
- Uncontaminated or ‘decontamination-guaranteed’ suits can be re- used following gas-tight re-test and re-certification.
Respirex specialises in high performance chemical and respiratory protective suits for emergency responders. they also provide specialist protective footwear.